[rt-users] MySQL Processes

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Thu Sep 27 22:13:53 EDT 2001

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but.

When a user logs into RT, two MySQL processes are created.  When a user
does a task (i.e. goes to a specific ticket), another process is
created.

After the user logouts, these processes are still present, just in
'sleep' state.

This process repeats itself each time a user logs in, causing many MySQL
processes (though in sleep state).

Anyone else see this, or am I doing something wrong.  We've seen this
(from what I can remember) back in 2.0.4, and see the sam behavior in
2.0.8pre2.

The machine running RT is running:
	MySQL Client 3.23.42
	FreeBSD 4.3
	Apache 1.3.12

The MySQL machine is running:
	MySQL Server 3.23.42
	FreeBSD 4.3

darrin walton, darrinw at nixc.net
senior vice president, internet operations and engineering.