[rt-users] Evil slow RT loading time

J B Bell cipher at redback.com
Sat Sep 29 21:57:57 EDT 2001

Well, I have finally gotten a conversion working from RT 1 to RT 2.  I
went with mysql, because Pg died a horrible death at 4k tickets
complaining of "out of memory!"  (Not sure which program threw this
exception--the kernel, Pg, the import program, or what.)

Unfortunately, the speed is even worse--MUCH worse--using an
equivalent machine, the latest versions of mysql, apache, perl, and a
perfectly black cat.  We're talking 4 to 5 minutes to load up a ticket
from the list of owned ones.

Our db is at over 29,000 tickets.  Does anyone have any optimization
suggestions that have helped you in the past?  Is there a converter
tool to go from RT2 mysql to RT2 Pg?  Should I have waited until
Aldebaran was below the horizon?

--JB