[rt-users] Permissions problem

Marc Beyer marc.beyer at digitalbridges.com
Thu Apr 11 05:37:36 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm probably being completely daft here, but I can't get emailing to
work the way I want it to using RT 2.0.11. My problems:
- For the requestor to be able to send in correspondence on a ticket I
need to allow "Reply to Ticket" to group "Everyone". I have tried
setting all permissions for group "Requestors" and also tried setting
all permissions for the individual user who isthe requestor, but this
has no effect. Unless I have the permission set for "Everyone", mails
that a requestor sends in are returned with the reason "Permissions
Denied". I have pallowed creation of the tickets for "Everyone"since
thisis intended behaviour, but I would prefer if only the requestor
could then actually sendfurther correspondence.
- I cannot get comments to work. Currently the system will only send out
comments to me (my email adress is configured as general QueueWatcher)
but not any other users listed as Cc. My Scrips are:

OnResolve NotifyRequestors with template Resolved
OnCreate AutoreplyToRequestors with template Autoreply
OnComment NotifyCcsAsComments with template AdminComment
OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchersWithAttach with template Correspondence

My queue group rights look like this (global rights and queue user
rights are unset):
Cc:
	ShowTicketComments
	Watch
	CommentonTicket
Everyone:
	CreateTicket
	ReplyToTicket
Owner:
	ReplyToTicket
Requestor:
	ReplyToTicket
	ModifyTicket
	CreateTicket
	Watch
<Self created group which contains some users I tested Cc with>:
	 CommentOnTicket
 	CreateTicket
 	DeleteTicket
 	ModifyTicket
 	OwnTicket
 	ReplyToTicket
 	ShowTicket
 	ShowTicketComments
 	Watch
 	SeeQueue
 	WatchAsAdminCc

I would really appreciate any help on this, I think I'm just doing
something wrong with the permissions but it's driving me round the bend,

thanks

Marc

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.