[rt-users] Re: [rt-devel] HELP

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Tue Apr 16 07:47:50 EDT 2002

* Darrin Walton <darrinw at nixc.net> [20020415 20:38]: wrote:
> First; this should go to rt-users, not rt-devel.
>
>   |+ I recently had some clown send over 2000 tracker messages to the server we used for our RT tracker.
>   |+ This of course clogged the system up, and I needed to know how to remove just these tracker issues
>   |+ from the system without having to dump the database files as a friend recommended.
>
> Why not go to the search menu, search for the tickets in question (I am
> assuming they have a common element, like subject, or email address, or
> something), select 'Update all these tickets at once', if there are some
> tickets you don't want to update, unselect the 'Update' box, then change
> the status to 'Dead'.

Hello rt-users,

I once was desparate when some junkie sent us 50 e-mails on the same subject and I though
the best thing was to delete them. I tried the --help opt of the rt binary but no reference
was there to delete. So I just wanted to ask what the effect of "Dead" is? Is it the best
option we have instead of deleting. If that is the case, I also want to mention that when
I am in a queue's listing, under search criteria there appears:

Search Criteria
New search
Bookmarkable URL for this search

Queue = cs [delete]
Status = open [delete]
Status = new [delete]

What does the [delete] do? It doesn't seem to do anything in my case. Of course I could be
dumb on this, having missed some part of TFM ;-)

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash at wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'