[rt-users] Re: [rt-devel] HELP

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue Apr 16 08:04:12 EDT 2002

Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> * Darrin Walton <darrinw at nixc.net> [20020415 20:38]: wrote:
>
>>First; this should go to rt-users, not rt-devel.
>>
>>  |+ I recently had some clown send over 2000 tracker messages to the server we used for our RT tracker.
>>  |+ This of course clogged the system up, and I needed to know how to remove just these tracker issues
>>  |+ from the system without having to dump the database files as a friend recommended.
>>
>>Why not go to the search menu, search for the tickets in question (I am
>>assuming they have a common element, like subject, or email address, or
>>something), select 'Update all these tickets at once', if there are some
>>tickets you don't want to update, unselect the 'Update' box, then change
>>the status to 'Dead'.
>

> Hello rt-users,
>
> I once was desparate when some junkie sent us 50 e-mails on the same subject and I though
> the best thing was to delete them. I tried the --help opt of the rt binary but no reference
> was there to delete.

For referential inegrity reasons, there is no advertized way to delete tickets
from an existing RT database. You would need to use a special add on for that
(in the contribution area, in the CensorWare folder) if You really want to do
it (and risk screwing up Your database).

> So I just wanted to ask what the effect of "Dead" is? Is it the best
> option we have instead of deleting. If that is the case, I also want to mention that when
> I am in a queue's listing, under search criteria there appears:

Dead is used by the above mentioned Censorware script. It might be, that dead
tickets are not auto-opened by replies or such, and it might be they are not
shown in searches matching otherwise unless the dead status is explicitly in
Your search expression, but I don't know actually.

[snip]
> Queue = cs [delete]
> Status = open [delete]
> Status = new [delete]
>

> What does the [delete] do? It doesn't seem to do anything in my case. Of course I could be
> dumb on this, having missed some part of TFM ;-)

The delete deletes that token from Your search expression. The above would
look into queue cs where the status is open or new. Would You delete the Queue
  qualifier, it would show all tickets that are open or new, regardless of Queue.

Regards,
	Harald

PS: By the way: Your sig is not McQ, or I don't know what the ++ means

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com