[rt-users] [netaktiv.com #100] RT email and the ISO-8859-1 characters

Sebastian Flothow sebastian at flothow.de
Tue Apr 16 09:01:19 EDT 2002

At 12:14 Uhr +0200 11.4.2002, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>It was against 2.0.11. The code in lib/RT/Template.pm changed a lot in
>2.0.13, I'll update the patch.

Can you give an estimate of when it's going to be done?

Or, could someone give me a hint where in the code would be the right
place to add "charset=iso-8859-1" to the headers of outgoing mail?
I had a look in some files, but since I don't know all these CPAN
modules used by RT, I couldn't find a place where I was confident
enough that hacking something in would do the right thing.

Unfortunately, RT is almost unusable for us without this, because the
server handling all outgoing mail insists on appending
"charset=unknown-8bit" when the charset isn't specified, which in
turn causes Outlook to replace the message body with a warning that
it contains 'unsupported' characters. Outlook provides the original
message as an attachment, but that's far from comfortable.

Thanks,
--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de