[rt-users] Documentation

Derek D. Martin ddm at skillsoft.com
Fri Apr 19 19:24:11 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I just started using RT 2.0.13, and I was wondering if there's more
complete documentation anywhere.  The docs on the website are really
incomplete.

I want to set up my queues so that the requestor is notified on any
correspondence from the help desk, but not when there's a change of
owner or status of a ticket.  I only want to notify the people who are
working a given queue when a ticket has been created or moved into
their queue from another (is this the same thing?), and when it is
assigned to them.  I want the group manager to receive notification
for the union of the two scenarios above.

I gather that I need to use "scrips" to accomplish this, but the
on-line docs don't really seem to address this feature very well at
all, currently.  It isn't clear what the intended purpose of some of
the functions are, and the "template" feature is basically completely
undocumented, as near as I can tell.  Also, when I go to create a
scrip for a queue, there are about 7 templates listed, but all they
say is "global template:" which doesn't really provide much insight as
to what they're for or how they're used (i.e. what chosing a
particular one does).

Help?

On the whole, RT2 seems quite well-designed and pretty intuitive to
use and configure.  I thank you guys for doing a great job on putting
it all together.  :)  Now all it needs is some more complete
documentation for the little details...

--
Derek Martin
Lead Network Engineer