[rt-users] Weird Slowness on Ticket Reply's

Kirk Patton x111 kpatton at pixim.com
Mon Apr 22 10:45:19 EDT 2002

Hello,

I installed RT about a month ago and have noted some strange behavior which I am trying to
resolve.

I have noticed that my RT installation is extremely slow when sending a "Response to requesters"
in the "Resolve" form.  I have noticed this same slowness when sending a reply without ticket
history.  The delay is at least one minute.  I ran a tail on the web server logs to see what the
hangup was, but the log is not being updated at the time I hit the submit button...

In the instances where things are slow, it seems as if the browser is spending an inordinate
amount of time doing something. In the browser status window, I do see the "Connected to..."
message.

I ran a packet trace to see if anything was actually coming from the browser when I hit the
submit button.

I did see a HTTP POST request at the time I hit the submit button.  There was one additional
packet after that sent to the web server.  What followed was a lag of about 90 seconds.  Then
the web server log updated and I got the response back to my browser.

Other observations:
Using the "Comment" function works fine. No slowness
Using the "Reply" function works fine as long as "Comment not sent to requesters" is selected.
Using the "Reply" function works fine if I am responding to an existing comment or reply.
Using the "Resolve" function works fine as long as "Comment not sent to requesters" is selected.

Has anyone seen behavior like this before?
Does anyone have any suggestion on what I could do to further narrow down what is causing the lag?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kirk

--