[rt-users] RFC: RT install w/o setgid Perl or mod_perl

John Stoffel stoffel at lucent.com
Fri Apr 19 12:20:53 EDT 2002

Mark,

I want to thank you for the wonderful writeup you did on installing RT
as a NON-ROOT user.  This is just wonderful stuff.

For me, I really want to see RT succeed, but the install process needs
to be cleaned up, and the dependencies should also be cleaned up as
well.

Mostly, not having to re-install new stuff each and every time RT
changes, and making the installs more compartmental, so that if you do
upgrade, you only re-install stuff local to that version of RT, and
not globally to the entire web server.

Does this make sense?

John
   John Stoffel - Senior Unix Systems Administrator - Lucent Technologies
	 stoffel at lucent.com - http://www.lucent.com - 978-399-0479