[rt-users] Newbie trouble: keywords don't work

Joe Baldwin joe at JoeBaldwin.com
Mon Apr 29 15:47:10 EDT 2002

I am trying to make a test rt install for my company's internal helpdesk
usage and have one problem left of which I can find no other mention:
the keywords feature does not seem to work.

I add keywords as I understand how to do them; for example:

OS/
OS/Linux
OS/Windows
OS/Mac OS X

Then I attach keyword selections to a queue or globally; for example:

Platform - multiple - children of OS/ up to 1 levels deep

The result? Empty select boxes on the keywords page. I can get the
select boxes to kind of work by changing the children of to "-" after
initial creation, but this obviously won't do the job and it breaks as
soon as I change it back to the correct parent.

I am at a complete loss and any help would be greatly appreciated. The
[hopefully] relevant details for my install are:

RedHat 7.2 server with 2.4.18 kernel
Request Tracker 2.0.13
Perl 5.6.1 built from source
PostgreSQL 7.2.1 database installed from official RPMs

Joe.