[rt-users] re: Message Attachments not being delivered

Andreas Wahlfeldt awahlfeldt at subshell.com
Fri Aug 2 05:01:30 EDT 2002

hi phil,

the button attach: attaches files to the ticket in rt. it is not ment to
sent attachments in e-mails, like one would suspect.
to change this you need to get and install the "NotifyWithAttachment" script
from the download area.

http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/NotifyWithAttachment.tgz

cu
andreas

Andreas Wahlfeldt
subshell GmbH
Weidenallee 1
20357 Hamburg

t +49.40. 431 362-25
f +49.40. 431 362-29
e awahlfeldt at subshell.com

> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:36:38 -0700
> From: Phil Dibowitz <phil at streamexchange.com>
> To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
> Subject: [rt-users] Message Attachments not being delivered
>
> When responding to a customer through RT, sometimes we need to attach
things.
> But it seems that when we do, they don't get emailed. They DO show up in
RT
> under the list of emails that have been sent back in forth - but when the
> email is delivered, it has no attachment.
>
> The attachements are about 1.5MB - so they should be fitting through MTAs.
> We're not getting bounces.
>
> I saw that bug # 554 has 'attachemtns' in the subject, but since I can't
login
>  I can't see the details of the bug.
>
> Is this a bug? Is it a configuration issue? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

> Phil Dibowitz
> --
> Systems Administrator