[rt-users] RT gets jealous of my weekend vacation, goes bonke rs

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Mon Aug 5 10:28:29 EDT 2002

From: Derek J. Balling [mailto:dredd at megacity.org]

> On Monday, August 5, 2002, at 09:43  AM, Beachey, Kendric wrote:
>
> > I left for a relaxing weekend at the lake with all things
> RT working
> > just fine.  I came back this morning and found that most
> superficial
> > parts of WebRT were OK (the front page, the admin console, the
> > statistics) but the Search and direct viewing of any ticket were
> > broken.  I stopped and started apache and mysql a few
> times, and that
> > didn't help.  I don't find any errors in the log files.
> Here is the
> > error message I am getting in the browser:
>
> Weird. I had a user complain of getting a very similar error
> yesterday,
> but I couldn't duplicate it:

Turns out nobody else could duplicate my problem either!

I went to inform another department that RT was having personality problems,
and they said it was OK for them.  They demonstrated for me that it worked
just fine.  Back at my desk, I fired up a different browser and lo and
behold, it worked fine for me too.  Back in my original browser, I logged
out and logged back in, and all was fine and good.  Bizarre.

I wondered why my inbox hadn't been lighting up.  :-)

False alarm, I guess...maybe a logout/login is in order for Derek's wayward
user as well?