[rt-users] Resolve ticket right

Gordon Decker g0rn at gmx.net
Thu Aug 8 02:34:26 EDT 2002

At 09:12 08.08.2002 +1000, you wrote:

>Is there an easy way to prevent the owner of a ticket from resolving it?
>
>We have a queue where additional approval needs to be given before
>resolution of tickets.
>
>Frances

We had a similar problem and did a very unclean and evil hack to resolve it:

Tie the right to change a ticket's status to a right you probably won't
need that often (e.g. "modify template" on queues is seldom needed in our
case) and give this right to people who have to resolve tickets.

To do this you just have to add a few lines in Ticket.pm, but as I said
before, this is rather unclean and comes with some more problems:

1. it is completely inscrutable for users and administrators
2. updating RT will be more complicated
3. you have to add a mechanism allowing the unprivileged people to state
they resolved the ticket

Anyway, I can post the lines we added to Ticket.pm, if you want. But I
would rather stick to the suggestions posted by Phil Homewood and configure
a scrip and a second queue. I think about doing so in our RT, too...

Gordon.