[rt-users] Using RT w/ Perl::Mason on Cobalt with Virtual Host

Josh Kuperman josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Thu Aug 8 11:55:27 EDT 2002

I tried as you suggested and it made one problem very clear. With the virtual host entry defined as follows.

NameVirtualHost 10.0.1.195
<VirtualHost 10.0.1.195>
ServerName support.x.y.us
ServerAdmin admin
DocumentRoot /home/opt/rt2/WebRT/html
ServerAlias support.x.y.us support.x.org
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

I wound up with errors from PERL because I built RT to run against the
perl installation in /opt/bin/perl but the server is running against
the /usr/bin/perl because my cobalt server is not easily updateable to
a contemporary version of perl - all of the web interface that
distinguishes a Cobalt Server is tied to the outdated perl. As such I
doubt I can get it to work unless there is a way to tell Apache to use
a different version of Perl for a virtual host or perhaps I could give
fastcgi a try. The basic error now is no Apache::DBI in @INC etc.