[rt-users] Apache authentication, then RT authentication?

Gretchen K. Wagner gkwagner at cats.ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 9 14:33:32 EDT 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Gretchen K. Wagner wrote:

> Ideas, anyone?  Perhaps I'm setting $WebExternalAuth improperly (couldn't
> find any relevent documentation or useful examples in mailing list archives).

After toying about with the WebExternalAuth setting (pointing it to differing
PAM libraries), I now get passed/logged directly into RT, but then I get "You
are not an authorized user" for any function, and "logout" is now missing.

FWIW, here's some relevent config detail from apache:

    Alias /rt2 "/rt/RT2/WebRT/html"
    PerlRequire /rt/RT2/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location /rt2>
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Kerberos authentication for RT2"
        require valid-user
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>