[rt-users] Apache authentication, then RT authentication?

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Sun Aug 11 21:39:28 EDT 2002

Gretchen K. Wagner wrote:
> After toying about with the WebExternalAuth setting (pointing it to differing
> PAM libraries), I now get passed/logged directly into RT, but then I get "You
> are not an authorized user" for any function, and "logout" is now missing.

The missing "logout" is, I believe normal, as authentication
is now not RT's responsibility.

As for "not an authorized user", my reading of the code suggests
that this means it couldn't find the user in the RT database.

You'll still need to create your users as per usual; WebExternalAuth
only provides authentication, not authorisation.

(Disclaimer: I don't use WebExternalAuth. I could be speaking crap.)
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630