[rt-users] SelfService interface probs

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Tue Aug 13 17:32:54 EDT 2002

From: Robie Basak [mailto:robie at principle.co.uk]
> On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 00:18, Josh Richards wrote:
> > From the SelfService interface if an unprivileged user creates a new
> > ticket it is submitted properly but upon clicking the
> "Create Ticket"
> > button they get an RT Error: "No permission to display that ticket."
> > Afterwards the user can see the ticket in their list of
> open tickets and
> > even view the details.  It's like there is a race condition
> just after
> > the ticket is submitted that creates a period right
> afterwards where the
> > user can view the ticket they just submitted.
> >
> > Anyone else experience this?
>
> I've seen exactly the same behavour, but haven't looked in to it.

I think I saw something similar here.

One guy created a ticket and CCed someone who didn't have an account on RT
yet.  When activity ensued on the ticket, the CC guy tried to reply to the
e-mail he found in his box.  RT, receiving a message from an unknown party,
created an account for him.

But then this apparent race condition reared its head, and he got a message
back (from ME, as far as he could tell) saying "Permission Denied".  After I
had him try creating a ticket and messing around with it, we found his
account was working just fine.  It was just for that crucial instant that it
wasn't set up all the way yet, apparently.

Bad news:  the CC guy was the CFO of our company.

Good news:  he's pretty good-natured.  :-)
--
Kendric Beachey