[rt-users] getting the number of search results

Colleen colleen at darksideproductions.net
Wed Aug 14 21:20:07 EDT 2002

----

> You probably want to add a <% $session{'tickets'}->Count %> results
found
> line to Search/Listing.html
>

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 07:32:51PM +0000, Darren Grabowski wrote:
> > We are using RT for our abuse tickets.  Is there an easy way to put
the
> > total number of tickets found when doing a content search?  We like
> > know how many complaints we got on a particular spammer.
> >
> > darren

I tried this out and it seemed to work for quick searches from the front
page of the Web UI.  But when I went into the search page and did a
search on tickets created after '7/1/02' and before '8/1/02', 4 results
showed but the result was 49.

Does the 49 include those that have statuses of "resolved" "dead" or
"stalled", while the 4 visible tickets only represent the new/open
tickets ("new" is what I see for these tickets)?

Is there a way to get the iterator of the visible rows, $i to print the
count of the search results?

Thanks!

Colleen