[rt-users] RT2 Speed/performance problems.

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Tue Aug 20 10:52:35 EDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 02:36:36PM +0800, Maren S. Leizaola <maren at leizaola.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
> 	Much regretably I've had to pull RT2 out. For us even a machine
> with 2 cpus, raid, 512MB RAMwith 5000 tickets in the database (99% of
> which were closed) the system would take ages to refresh the display.

We've got a much smaller machine than that, with a similar number of
tickets, and response times in lynx (to get rid of rendering time) is
less than a second. It Ain't RT, and I doubt you'll find anything
sufficiently light to solve your actual problem, whatever it might be.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!