[rt-users] suidperl?

Malcolm Herbert rt-users at mjch.net
Thu Aug 22 22:49:29 EDT 2002

I'm attempting to install rt 2.0.14 on a NetBSD 1.5.2 machine.
Apparently NetBSD does not support suidperl, so it isn't directly
available from the usual sources ...

So far I've looked through the install docs, the FAQ and some of
the archives of this list and everything I've read seems to assume
that it's available ...

My question is whether or not I need it ... if I can run the CGI stuff
as the rt user from Apache (by running an instance of Apache as the rt
user) and all the housekeeping stuff from the rt crontab, why would I
need it (apart from mail stuff)?

Would I be able to take the approach that majordomo uses and set up a
small C setuid wrapper which would call specific scripts with specific
arguments?

is this feasible?

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch at mjch.net                                                left blank