[rt-users] RT2 Speed/performance problems.

Lorens Kockum rt-id-45 at lists.lorens.org
Sun Aug 25 17:11:39 EDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:44:31PM +0800, Maren S. Leizaola wrote:
> > So why aren't you using RT1?
>
> No support for MIME attachments

Installed stripmime, hacked at it for a few hours to obtain
links to the attachments inline (not quite perfect solution but
good enough).

> not being able to display chinese Big5/GB Code e-mail.

Doesn't sound too difficult; wouldn't it be just attaching a
content-type header in appropriate cases?

My only beef with RT1 speed is plaintext search over the whole
database, but I'll be eliminating the need for the search soon,
so I won't have to think about interfacing with an external
indexing search engine.

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum