[rt-users] Priority - Probably a newbie question... sorry in advance

Craig Fisher craig at crayfish.cx
Mon Dec 2 05:26:49 EST 2002

Hi all.
Newbie alert. Just got RT up and running and configured - mostly. Looking good so far...

However, I can't find information on how/when the auto-escalation of priority works, although it's referred to in the example priority section on RTFM.

How are people using priority in real-world situations? Are folks using a small (eg 0-5) range, or more detailed (eg 0-99) range?  Is the numerically greater priority the most important? Is that customisable?

Finding the docs a bit lacking at the moment - but finding my way around quite quickly. I'll gladly contribute - once I know what I'm talking about :-)