[rt-users] LDAP Auth, Part Three

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Dec 6 07:08:33 EST 2002

OK, so with the assistance of this august crew, I got my LDAP
authentication working (yayyyy).

Then I went through the Users table and started "repairing" the
autocreated users, changing "Name" to their LDAP uid so that they could
actually get to their tickets.

But now, I run into the situation where if the helpdesk staff opens a
ticket for someone, and they've never communicated with RT via e-mail
(to have their account autocreated based on the LDAP information), then
the account is autocreated with their e-mail address in the Name field.

Is there any equivalent to
"LokkupSenderInExternalDatabase"/"LookupExternalUserInfo" that *also*
gets called when a helpdesk weenie enters an e-mail address in the web
interface and RT can't find a user for them?