[rt-users] LDAP Auth, Part Three

Ray Thompson rthompson at interpublic.com
Fri Dec 6 08:40:17 EST 2002

I believe the reason RT has it's own user database is for historical and
for referential purposes.  An external database might allow users to be
deleted and RT wouldn't know who owns/changed tickets.

Check out http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-November/010910.html
for a way to have RT canonicalize the auto created uid.  Use this only
if your external auth util prevents duplicate uid's.  Also note that the
changes indicated in the mentioned post need to be made more than once
in config.pm.

Good Luck,
   Ray