[rt-users] Changes to system

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Mon Dec 9 15:04:26 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:44:57PM -0500, Vivek Khera <khera at kcilink.com> wrote:

> If you supply a default, it will use it.  The next auto_increment
> should pick up after the current max (dunno about these new fancy
> table types, though).  At least the MyISAM file type returns the next
> up from the max current value for auto_increment types.

Unfortunately, that reduces to "At least the MyISAM type works as
documented", which is why it's so messy (although less so in the end)
in the first place. :-)

I'm going to whine about InnoDB auto_increment on mysql-internals when
I've got time to compose a post that doesn't look like a user
whining. :-)

[Postgres:]

> You just set the next val in the sequence.  This should do it:
>
> SELECT setval('tickets_id_seq',42,false);
>
> to make the next ticket number be 42.

How pleasantly straightforward. :-) Thanks!

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!