[rt-users] Bounce messages create tickets

rt-for-chris at db.lm.com rt-for-chris at db.lm.com
Sun Feb 3 18:19:56 EST 2002

> One thing you could do is to put a nice procmail rule in between your
> MTA and the rt-mailgate. I appreciate and understand the challenge of
> RT handling bounces, but my philosophy on issues like this is to let
> the software that has been written to address this problem...  address
> this problem. That's opposed to RT being extended to handle it.

I'll second that -- I've been using procmail for preventing spam/mail
loops for years.  My organization has been using RT since about
1997-1998 and we've been using procmail with it ever since.

procmail also gives you a lot more flexibility to deny spam/mail loops
based on things other than the From address, of course...

-Chris Tracy
 (Telerama Internet -/- System & Network Administrator -/- www.telerama.com)