[rt-users] Bounce messages create tickets

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Mon Feb 4 11:24:58 EST 2002

>> One thing you could do is to put a nice procmail rule in between your
>> MTA and the rt-mailgate. I appreciate and understand the challenge of

r> I'll second that -- I've been using procmail for preventing spam/mail
r> loops for years.  My organization has been using RT since about
r> 1997-1998 and we've been using procmail with it ever since.

Personally, I think RT *should* catch those bounces and then flag the
ticket that the email address of the submitted is bogus.  No point
wasting time replying to these people when your mail won't get through
anyway, is there?