[rt-users] RT speed problem

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Thu Feb 7 14:22:03 EST 2002

  Vivek> Or, do it the easy way: diff the schema files between older and newer
  Vivek> release and add the necessary indexes.

Easy for YOU perhaps. I started out that way, . . . but the diffs were huge
and hard to interpret because of all of other stuff that has changed which is
immaterial. I has nightmares for weeks after that.

Unless you eat database schemas for lunch, I'd vote for export, drop, recreate,
import any day!

-d