[rt-users] Wrong Variable Substitution in Template

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue Feb 12 10:29:15 EST 2002

Bruce Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Harald Wagener wrote:
>
> > I have created a Scrip (OnResolve NotifyRequestor Resolved-deu).
> > Now, if the Template includes the Ticket Subject via
> > {$Transaction->Subject || {$Ticket->Subject} || "(No subject given)"},
>
> Try:
>
>   { $Transaction->Subject || $Ticket->Subject || "(No subject given)" }
>
> The '{' and '}' characters in the templates define code escapes, and
> terminating one prematurely is bad juju ;)
>
> Regards,

Thanks Bruce. But in RT 2.0.11 the braces around $Ticket->Subject are
standard in the Transaction Template, so this might be an error in the
distribution. Unfortunately I cannot test if Your correction Does It(tm)
for me, because the mail feature broke[1] while I moved from home to
work )-:

Regards,
	Harald

[1] a.k.a. 'I dinna change no thing!'
--
Harald Wagener      |                           Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                         Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252