[rt-users] Wrong Variable Substitution in Template

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Feb 12 11:21:14 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Harald Wagener wrote:

> Thanks Bruce. But in RT 2.0.11 the braces around $Ticket->Subject are
> standard in the Transaction Template, so this might be an error in the
> distribution. Unfortunately I cannot test if Your correction Does It(tm)

Ah.  Revision 1.4 of rt/tools/insertdata has the erronous '{}'s in the
Transaction Template, but Revision 1.5 has the corrected version.
Unfortunately(tm), 1.4 is tagged as rt-2-0-11.

Your fun bash one-liner for the moment is:

	prev="" ; for rev in `cvs log insertdata | grep ^revision | cut -d
	' ' -f 2` ; do if [ "$prev" -a "$rev" ] ; then echo "$rev ->
	$prev" ; cvs diff -r$rev -r$prev insertdata ; fi ; prev="$rev" ;
	done | less

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations