[rt-users] CONTRIB: Quickpicks v0.3 for WebRT

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Wed Feb 13 13:26:14 EST 2002

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 09:45, RT2 Troubles wrote:
> Nice spin on the JumpBar, and another great submission by Jim. I find that
> when I click on the list it is very narrow and I cannot read the list of
> choices. Since it was such an easy install I'd assume it's something local
> my RT2 install. I can probably find a way to modify it but I don't want to
> break anything and was wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior?

What web browser are you using?

If I use mozilla 0.9.7, it works okay, with mozilla dropping down a listbox
which is wider than the 'Choose one' text seems to be (the 'Choose one' text
is cut off at the right end, near the down arrow).

konqueror (kde 2.2) does not display it correctly, I can't read the whole
text.

Netscape does display it so I can read the whole thing.

Lynx displays it fine, but of course the javascript does not work.

Links would not authenticate to my SSL site, so I don't know how it works.

w3m gave an unknown uri error on the https redirect, don't know how it works.

I think that the best thing to do to "fix" the problem (which is a web browser
problem) is to change the "Choose one" text to read "Please make a selection
abcd abcd" or whatever, to make it as long as the longest text in the
dropdown.  This _could_ be done programmatically, instead of hardcoding it
in.

rob