[rt-users] Goto Ticket and Configuration

Harald Kollera harald.kollera at fun.de
Fri Feb 15 04:40:58 EST 2002

Hi Brad,

Brad Teale wrote:

> 2) Why can all users see the configuration option?  This seems a little
> confusing.  Any user appears to be able to run down a whole list of
> configuration options, but when they try to commit it, it says permission
> denied.  Is there a patch to take this link off the page?

For our purposes I solved this with a quick hack in the file
Elements/Tabs.
I added line 7,102  and 123-125.

Line 6 - 11
% foreach $tab (sort keys %{$toptabs}) {
%  if (($tab eq 'D') && $notPrivileged) { next; }
            <TD ALIGN=CENTER>
                [<A

Line 100 - 103
<%INIT>
my ($tab, $action);
my $notPrivileged = 1;
my $toptabs = .......

and

Line 123 - 125

if ($session{'CurrentUser'}->HasSystemRight('ModifySelf')) {
  $notPrivileged = 0;
}

In our system only admins have the right to modify themselfs (and
others) and therefore only they can see the configuration :-)

It is not very sophisticated, but it works.

Harald Kolléra

--
Dr. Harald Kolléra
Professional Services