[rt-users] Hi all, installation woes

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Feb 19 06:04:58 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> I've been having a few troubles installing RT 2.0.11 and need a little help.
> I've had a look at the list archives but they seem to stop in March 2000, so
> basically I've got a couple of questions.
>
> 1) is the list still active, or did that stop too?

It is, and I suspect you've followed an old link.  If you report which
link you've followed to Jesse, he'll fix it ;)

> 2) based on the following info, can anyone see why I get HTTP response 404
> when I try to access http://rt.ringways.co.uk  I'm using RH7.2 with latest
> updates, and the following RPM's installed:

> Error in /var/log/httpd/rt2/error_log:
> [Tue Feb 19 09:56:25 2002] [warn] [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component:
> /usr/local/rt2/WebRt/html/ (is file outside component root?)

In /usr/local/rt2/etc/config.pm, is $MasonLocalComponentRoot set to that
directory?  If it is, then you've got an odd permissions problem on that
directory (ie, the user that apache is running as can't access it)

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations