[rt-users] two domains, one RT?

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Mon Feb 25 11:38:32 EST 2002

  darren> Under mod_perl 1.x on Apache 1.3.x, it is impossible to have two
  darren> modules with the same name that do different things, e.g.,
  darren> RT::Mason, which is the package defined to handle Location / in
  darren> webmux.pl.

  darren> In one of the webmux.pl scripts, change the name of the package
  darren> to something other than RT::Mason, for example,
  darren> RT::Mason::SiteOne, and modify the entry in httpd.conf to use the
  darren> new package name as the PerlHandler for Location /.  In this
  darren> webmux.pl, change the stuff you want to be different, for
  darren> example, component roots.  This way, you can share most of the RT
  darren> modules, without having namespace clashes.

Darren,

Thanks for the insight into this problem! I've modified the file:

	/usr/local/rt2-hyla/bin

to provide:

	package RT::Mason::HylaFAX;

And my virtual host containers now look like:

<VirtualHost 216.152.199.8>
ServerName support.tpc.int
ServerAdmin tpcadmin at tpc.int
ErrorLog logs/support.tpc.int-error_log
CustomLog logs/support.tpc.int-access_log common
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt2-tpc/WebRT/html
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2-tpc/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 216.152.199.8>
ServerName support.hylafax.org
ServerAdmin webmaster at hylafax.org
ErrorLog logs/support.hylafax.org-error_log
CustomLog logs/support.hylafax.org-access_log common
DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/support.hylafax.org/html
    <Directory "/var/www/vhosts/support.hylafax.org/html">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2-hyla/bin/webmux.pl
Alias /rt/ /usr/local/rt2-hyla/WebRT/html/
<Location /rt>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason::HylaFAX
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

And I restarted apache with

service httpd stop
service httpd start

But I seem to have the same error:

[Mon Feb 25 07:40:30 2002] [warn] [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component: /usr/local/rt2-hyla/WebRT/html/index.html (is file outside component root?)

I even modified the second virtual host to have only RT in it at the root:

ServerAdmin webmaster at hylafax.org
ErrorLog logs/support.hylafax.org-error_log
CustomLog logs/support.hylafax.org-access_log common
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt2-hyla/WebRT/html
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2-hyla/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason::HylaFAX
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

But still no joy:

[Mon Feb 25 08:34:51 2002] [warn] [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component: /usr/local/rt2-hyla/WebRT/html/index.html (is file outside component root?)

I think I'll take you up on your offer of explaining this a bit more ;-)

-Darren