[rt-users] external authentication

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 12:22:27 EST 2002

Hi all,

Can RT use external username/password authentication modules?

I've got an AIX4.2 system that everyone has an account on. I'm developing an
in-house inetd based authentication system so that I can then use it in a
number of distributed systems we have within the group - one
username/password per user regardless of which system or app they are using.

I (will) have a small perl script that will sit on the client systems and
using Net::Telnet interrogate the AIX box.  Can I then get RT to use this
script to check that the password is correct.

I have no problem with actually creating user accounts within RT for each
user (I asume I can do this from the command line using rt or rtadmin), but I
don't want to have to replicate passwords every time they are changed.

--
Gary Stainburn