[rt-users] Pros Only - Install Problem

Joel Webb joel at webbgroup.net
Thu Jan 10 09:23:48 EST 2002

The first line of acl.mysql is a blank line.

I deleted that and the next line---> same error
then I deleted the next line which I think you were referring to ---->same error

For real, I think the setup would be a lot simpler if a mysql script was inacted.
Do any of you guys know where it is actually being setup in the installation
script?? Maybe I can install it that way??

Here is the output of the error:

Now populating database schema.
Enter the mysql password for rt_user:
Creating database schema.
DBI->connect(dbname=rt2;host=localhost) failed: Access denied for user: 'rt_user
@localhost' (Using password: YES) at tools/initdb line 144
Access denied for user: 'rt_user at localhost' (Using password: YES) at tools/initd
b line 144, <STDIN> line 1.
make: *** [initdb.rtuser] Error 255

James Adam Sigler (hollow1 at cc.gatech.edu) wrote*:

>Joel,
>
>Before compiling remove the first two lines of the acl.mysql
>script in rt_directory(unzipped from distribution and Makefile
>edited)/etc. Try that and let me know if it works.
>

>Sincerely,
>-James Adam Sigler-
>

>James Adam Sigler
>Research Scientist
>College of Computing
>Georgia Tech
>Phone: 404-385-0391
>Office: CoC 211
>Email: hollow1 at cc.gatech.edu
>

>On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Joel Webb wrote:
>
>> Adam,
>>
>> What file has the mysql.acl in it?? I am looking at the insertdata file but I
don't
>> see what lines you are talking about.
>>

>> >I rewrote the mysql.acl script such
>> >that the first two lines of the template script were commneted out or
>> >deleted from the script. This will allow the third line which grants
>> >permissions to the rt_user in the database to run. In mysql acl scripts if
>> >any previous line fails the script exits and does not run subsequent
>> >lines. You must edit the template script thought becvause if you edit only
>> >the actual script run,
>>
>> If you are talking about the initacls.mysql SHELL script. That particular script
>> looks like it is used many times by the perl instal script to make changes to the
>> MYSQL database. The "first two lines" in that script are variables so I don't
know
>> which scripts to edit. Can you tell me the script name and the line numbers??
>> That would be great if you could do that.
>>

>> >Adam

But I