[rt-users] Error - Can't locate object method "connect" via package "DBI"

Sam Leibowitz sleibowitz at btcwcu.org
Thu Jan 10 10:25:41 EST 2002

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

Yesterday, I got most of hte way through an install or RT on a SuSE 7.3
box. After a nagging problem where Apache wasn't able to find the DBI.pm
module was resolved (I copied it from one directory to another to fix it),
the server starts, but throws a 500 internal server error. The error in
the log reads:

[Thu Jan 10 10:15:23 2002] [error] Can't locate object method
"connect" via package "DBI" (perhaps you forgot to load "DBI"?) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 121.

TIA,

   Sam Leibowitz (sleibowitz at btcwcu.org)
   Project Manager
   Business Technology Center (http://www.btcwcu.org)