[rt-users] Bulk User Creation Tool

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Jul 12 15:59:27 EDT 2002

Has anyone come up with a nice bulk user creation tool for RT2? We
had RT1 installed here (briefly) and rtadmin had the getpwent
feature, but the version we had that didn't work (which is what led
us to toss the Debian webrt package and get something current in the
first place).  Checking rtadmin on rt2, though, doesn't seem to show
a similar feature.

Has anyone written something that will parse, say, /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow to bulk-create a bunch of RT accounts with a default set
of permissions?

| Derek J. Balling             | "You can get more with a kind  |
| dredd at megacity.org           |  word and a two-by-four, than  |
| www.megacity.org/blog/       |  you can with just a kind      |
|                              |  word."               - Marcus |