[rt-users] Bulk User Creation Tool

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Jul 19 14:01:07 EDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Derek J. Balling wrote:

> Has anyone written something that will parse, say, /etc/passwd and
> /etc/shadow to bulk-create a bunch of RT accounts with a default set
> of permissions?

( just noticed that this hasn't had a reply )

I'm not aware of any such tool, but can see how it can be quickly created,
and even do such fancy things as keep your RT users in sync with your
passwd(5)/group(5) files or vice versa.

However, other solutions have been proposed on the mailing list previously
(using external authenticaion) which might suit your needs better.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security