[rt-users] Strange Install Problem

Blackstone, J. David jdavid.blackstone at cingular.com
Fri Jul 19 17:00:47 EDT 2002

  You need to downgrade HTML::Mason to an earlier version.  I used the one I
found at http://www.helgrim.com/perlmodules .

  (Actually I made a syntactically correct but probably semantically
incorrect fix to that line of code and tried to go on.  It wasn't long
before HTML::Mason told me HTML::Mason::Parser had been deprecated.  I even
tried to see if I could remove the die statement from that module, but the
code was gone, too, so I downgraded.)

  It's in the FAQ, although not easy to spot unless you've got the error
right in front of you.  Wouldn't hurt to have a note about what versions of
HTML::Mason work right there in the dependencies section, at least until rt
is patched to work with the latest version.

jdb