[rt-users] Some local RT enhancements

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sun Jul 21 19:35:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

I thought I'd share with the list some local RT features.

1. To make it easier to CC or forward information into the BTS without
having to alter or preserve the subject line, people can write to
nn at bugs.complete.org -- ie 8152 at bugs.complete.org to correspond to bug 8152.

This is set up with the following in Postfix's virtual file for the bugs
domain:

/^(\d+)@bugs\.complete\.org$/           rt-mail+correspond-$1 at complete.org
/^(\d+)-comments at bugs\.complete\.org/   rt-mail+comment-$1 at complete.org

And in rt-mail's .mailfilter file:

if (/^X-Addr-Extension: correspond-![0-9]+$/)
  to "|reformail -i'Subject: [complete.org #$MATCH2]' | $RTMAILGATE --queue general --action correspond"

if (/^X-Addr-Extension: comment-![0-9]+$/)
  to "|reformail -i'Subject: [complete.org #$MATCH2]' | $RTMAILGATE --queue general --action comment"

As you can see, it simply sets the subject to a value useful to RT and sends
it on.

2. I wrote a system to allow the public to set up RT accounts, similar to
the way bugzilla works.  If people are interested, I can post the Python
source code.

-- John