[rt-users] User privileges error on install

Taylor Fenton Taylor.Fenton at auroraelec.com
Mon Jul 29 13:09:32 EDT 2002

I have been fighting off error messages for the last several days when
installing RT.  I have yet to be able to run the make file completely.
Right now I'm having a problem with the privileges of rt_user, which
stops the make file from finishing.  The error appears as below.

DBI->connect(dbname=rt2) failed: Access denied for user:
'rt_user at localhost' (Using password: YES) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 121
Connect Failed Access denied for user: 'rt_user at localhost' (Using
password: YES) at /opt/rt2/etc/insertdata line 27
make: *** [insert] Error 255

If anyone has a suggestion on how to remedy this situation I would
greatly appreciate it.