[rt-users] Yes, the same session problem

Branden R. Williams brw at brw.net
Mon Jul 15 08:57:17 EDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Branden R. Williams wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Phil Homewood wrote:
>
> > Branden R. Williams wrote:
> > > [Fri Jul 12 08:46:08 2002] [error] RT Couldn't write to session directory
> > > '/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/sessiondata'. Check that this directory's
> > > permissions are correct. at /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 152.
> >
> > Assuming it's nothing silly like a full filesystem, try a "chmod 777"
> > on that dir as a test. If it succeeds, look in there and see if any
> > files have been created by somebody who is not nobody.
>
> I tried that and even put the session dir in /tmp and it gave me the same
> error.  There are always those files written and owned by nobody/nobody.

The problem ended up being some perl modules were not readable by world.
RT Developers, note that your script will throw this exception if it
cannot read a perl module in this section.  You might want to distinguish
between the two.

Note to moderator: Please post this to list for archival purposes!

Fair Winds and Following Seas,

Branden R. Williams, CISSP <brw at brw.net>
http://www.brw.net/
"My mind flows like the wind, my soul becomes the rain,
 My imagination the storm."
--
Public Key ID: 0x34AE58E0 | PGP Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Public Key Fingerprint: 5C0B 2526 7519 6C2E F844  DF26 8793 594B 34AE 58E0