Dealing with spam in RT (was Re: Fwd: [rt-users] Execute Arbitrary Perl Script on resolve)

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Fri Jun 7 13:57:56 EDT 2002

NB> Filtering the spam by hand is simply unpractical in some sites, due to
NB> the volume received.

NB> The only (bad) way I could think of doing was something like...

Well, I hope you'd exempt your "email abuse" queue from such a
scheme...

I think it depends entirely on your user population.  For us, we
really can't do any aggressive blocking because the potential for
collateral damage (and harm to our repuation) is great.  For other
uses I have in mind, I'd have no problem putting spamassassin in front
of the inbound queue address at the mail server level, and have that
reject any suspected spam (probably at a higher than default
threshhold).

I'd hate to see RT bloat with spamassassin.  Let your mail server deal
with blocking the spam.