[rt-users] Searching for tickets belonging to same company/customer

Dennis Breithaupt dennisb at tetaworx.de
Wed Jun 12 09:18:39 EDT 2002

Hi all,

we're using RT 2.0.11.

Our problem is, that we in most cases open tickets manuelly, while
telephoning with the customer. By doing this, the requester field gets
filled with our eMail-Adress and not with that of the customer. This is ok,
because we do not want to send our remarks in the RT to the customer at
this point.

The pointis now, that we have no fast possibility to get an overview, if
there are more open tickets regarding this customer. To get this
information we must do a fulltext search over the system to find tickets
with the name of the organisation of the customer in it. But that is in no
appropriate way possible while talking to our customer.

I'm searching for a possibility to enter a customer name or something befor
or while generating a new ticket, so that I get all other open tickets
displayed while talking and entering the information concerning the new
problem into the ticketsystem. So, for example, I could jump to another
existing ticket, which has something to do with the customer.

How do you handle things like that?

I probably will not extend the code manually, because I want the
possibility to update the rt-system in the future.

Thank you very much in advance for your tips and comments,

Dennis Breithaupt
pelion XII AG
Hannover, Germany