[rt-users] Searching for tickets belonging to same company/customer

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Wed Jun 12 11:11:22 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 03:18:39PM +0200, Dennis Breithaupt (dennisb at tetaworx.de) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we're using RT 2.0.11.
>
> Our problem is, that we in most cases open tickets manuelly, while
> telephoning with the customer. By doing this, the requester field gets
> filled with our eMail-Adress and not with that of the customer. This is ok,
> because we do not want to send our remarks in the RT to the customer at
> this point.

Hrm. I'm inclined to think you're solving this wrong twice. :-) You
don't need to send remarks to the customer when a ticket is *created*
(just don't have an OnCreate scrip for that), so ignore that
justification.

With that ignored: I've got a very hackish patch which creates a "New
call" button beside "Create ticket". It prompts you to select an
existing user or choose a new one before taking you to the usual
create-ticket screen with the Requestor prefilled.

Let me know if you want it.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!