[rt-users] Interfacing with RT via PHP

Simon Cozens rt at netthink.co.uk
Wed Jun 19 07:51:16 EDT 2002

Stephane Bortzmeyer:
> I assume that, if it is not done, it is because of MySQL's weaknesses?

The problem is that RT *isn't* primarily based on an SQL database with
an access library on top. No. RT is based on an object persistence
framework (DBIx::SearchBuilder) which just happens to use an SQL
database for the serialization backend. Similarly, MySQL just happens to
be a relatively good backend because it's lightweight and fast.

So saying "Oh, we can just grub around in the SQL database" is missing
the point.

> <troll>
> Why SOAP and not the simpler XML-RPC?
> </troll>

Simpler != better. :)

--
"Having just ordered 40 books and discovered I have no change out of a grand,
I'm thinking of getting a posse together and going after some publishers. I'd