[rt-users] Send thread back to requester on resolution...

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Mar 5 03:43:56 EST 2002

On 4 Mar 2002, Rob Walker wrote:

> watching, things like that.  I think that a better way would be to have
> a "private" checkbox on the RT forms, and then a private bit would be
> set, and the external people can not see that note.  I guess the note
> about that note would be private, too, so the external user doesn't see
> "added private note".  :-)

Currently the RT WebUI supports 'correspondence' (stuff which gets mailed
to the requestors) and 'comments' (stuff which should stay within the
company).  There is a future indication of seperating out 'comments' into
'private' and 'public' (see RT::Interface::Web for instance), but there
doesn't appear to have been a call for it.

> PS.  Is there some other quality which cannot be purchased, but must be
> earned?  Like what Bilbo had to be able to have The Ring.  We could say
> that (legacy) proprietary software was missing that quality, but trying
> to purchase?

'Tenacity' is what I'd use for Hobbits, but it doesn't quite fit in the
Open Software model.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations