[rt-users] HeadsUp dir location

Matt Disney matthew.disney at fedex.com
Wed Mar 13 10:52:18 EST 2002

I think there's been discussion about this before on this list... I
believe I may have asked this same question.

At any rate, my experience has been that if you create a new directory
in your local component root ("new directory" = directory that doesn't
exist in the main component root), you also need to go ahead and create
an empty directory in the main component root as well as an index.html
in that directory.

So, let's say you're installed in /opt/rt2 and you want to install
HeadsUp. You could put the HeadsUp content in
/opt/rt2/local/WebRT/html.  However, you'll still need to
"mkdir /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/HeadsUp" and
"touch /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/HeadsUp/index.html" before it will work.

The local component path thing seems to be less of a "check here first"
than it is a literal local override.

Hope that's some help, and that I haven't misspoken any about
HTML::Mason.

Matt