[rt-users] recommendd mysql indices?

Mat mwatson at netspace.net.au
Wed Mar 13 17:24:51 EST 2002

> On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 05:54, matthew zeier wrote:
> >
> > Are there suggested table indices other than what RT installs
> by default,
> > that I may want to use?  The NOC guys are telling me that it's getting
> > "slower".
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Thats interesting because I have just started getting some similar
> reports from our helpdesk guys, (on occasion and still vary rare) ... I
> have so far just put it down to someone doing a long nasty complicated
> search ... but if there are any suggestions on this, would be keen to
> hear them.
>
> TIA

You are most likely correct there, i'm getting major slow downs (rt locked
up for minutes)
due mainly to locking issues with mysql. mysql locks on the table level,
which is
apparently faster, but can cause alot of issues. I've done a few quick tests
and I'm currently of the opinion that pgsql is probably better for RT2 with
a large
database.

Regards,
Mat.